Bury Court is part of the historic Baltic Exchange located at the foot of 30 St Mary Axe (aka ‘The Gherkin’). The Baltic Exchange traces its roots back to 1744, at the Virginia and Baltick Coffee House in Threadneedle Street – the traditional meeting- and information trading place of merchants and sea captains in the City of London. From 1903 until 1992, the Baltic Exchange was located in a Grade-II listed, neo-classical style building at 24–28 St Mary Axe. On 10 April 1992, the facade of the offices was partially demolished, and the rest of the building was extensively damaged by a huge Provisional IRA bomb that killed three people. In 1998, after it was established that the damage was more severe than was initially thought (and despite objections by architectural preservationists) the building was razed and the site, together with that of the Chamber of Shipping at 30–32 St Mary Axe, was used to built 30 St Mary Axe (opened 2004). The Baltic Exchange is now located at 38 St Mary Axe.